Counselling Department offers a professional and systematic aid process to help students make the right decisions and evaluate themselves, have balanced, healthy and harmonious relationships with others, discover their talents, set reasonable goals and reach them.
As the Counselling Department of the Atacan Private Educational Institutions, as per our motto “People come first", our common goal is to get to know our students well, recognize their interests and talents and raise individuals who always want to learn and improve themselves, who can come up with alternatives and express themselves, have common sense, and who are self-confident, creative, independent, entrepreneurial, healthy and happy.
Our institution's Counselling works are planned for students, teachers and parents and since they aim to improve the students in every aspect, these plans start from preschool ages and continue onward within a framework of integrity.
The services for students are subcategorized into in-class group works, seminars, bulletins and personal services.
Group works are for students who have common problems. During group work, students realize that they are not the only one who have this problem, they share their problems with each other and think of a way out. Thus, group work’s aim is to improve students' social skills, observe the students in the group and strengthen the students' relationship with the counselling members.
We can describe counselling as “helping individuals fulfil themselves". In line with that, the goals of counselling are to help students:
1. Know themselves,
2. Recognize the available opportunities around them,
3. Work on their potential,
4. Adapt to their environment.
The first two items in this list emphasizes that individuals need to gain correct and detailed information about themselves and their environment.
COUNSELLING FOR STUDENTS
• With the OYS (School Management System) special to our school, actively keeping track and record of the academic, social and emotional improvement of every one of our students from preschool through high school,
• Values Education to teach personality traits such as self-confidence, being responsible and fair, helpfulness and leadership to our students.
• Informing students about the efficient studying methods for more academic success,
• Professional orientation work to determine the students' interests and skills,
• LGS (High School Entrance Exam) Counselling,
• In-class group work to improve our students' social skills,
• Seminars (Methods of Efficient Studying, LGS System, Field Selection, Adolescence and Friendships, etc.)
We also make sure to be up-to-date with our students' improvement by having personal meetings with regular class teachers and teachers of other subjects.
COUNSELLING FOR PARENTS
We base our education process on the strong connection in the school-student-family triangle, and thus, our work is in this context.
In the light of this, Atacan Educational Institutions Counselling Department leads the following programs intended for parents:
• We hold private meetings with the parents about a student’s academic status, his/her communication with their parents, behaviour in school and psychological state; and seminars and group activities about matters determined according to the students' needs.
• We hold seminars conducted by specialists to inform parents about different matters such as choosing career paths, development periods, adolescence, communication, etc.
Because cooperation with family is important, we hope to be in touch with you, the respectable guardians of our students, and expect your contribution in our work in the programs ran by our counselling Department.